Classic Inca Trail 2 Days
Inca Trail 2D/1N
Inca Trail Express is a one-day trek along the final well-preserved stretch of the classic trail to Machu Picchu. Start at KM104 for Chachabamba ruins before ascending to Wiñay Wayna, which means ‘forever young’ in Quechua. Continue towards Intipunku, the Sun Gate, for your first glimpse of the ancient citadel of Machu Picchu. Descend along the trail, admiring the views as get closer to the ruins.
Location: Cusco- Machupicchu
Duration: 2 Days / 1 Nigth
Trip style: Cultural / Adventure
Physical demand rating: Experience needed.
When to visit: Year-round
Day 1: Cusco – 104 km
Day 2: Machupicchu – Cusco
*B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner
- Local villages still wearing their traditional outfits
- Enjoy cultural interaction with local people, their culture, beliefs and traditions
- Discover a unique culinary tradition of Peru
- Incredible Inka trails and farming terraces
What is included
- Orientation briefing in Cusco, previous to departure date
- All transfer in private service
- Service of English speaking professional guide
- Filtered and boiled drinking water supply during the trek
- Entrances feets
- Train tickets
- Bus tickets
- Hotel in Ollantaytambo
- First aid kit with oxygen.
- Short wave radios.
- Sanitary care (Disinfect dishes, filtered water, etc.).
- Environment care (Organic waste is locally treated and used as fertilizer and non-organic is recycled and delivered to Cusco).
- International flights
- Domestic Flights
- Tips and extra expenses
- Extra services not mentioned in the program
Day : 1 CUSCO – 104 km
Transfer to the train station in Ollantaytambo for an early departure to KM104, the start of the Inca Trail Express. Cross the hanging bridge to the Chachabamba site and after a brief visit begin the 3-hour ascent to the ruins of Wiñay Wayna, an important spiritual site. The Inca Trail cuts across the ridge above Machu Picchu to finally reach Intipunku (the Sun Gate) from where the trail winds downhill.
Day : 2 F/D MACHUPICCHU – CUSCO
Early departure from your hotel for your guided visit of Machu Picchu which takes around 2 hours. Meander through the different sectors of the hill-top citadel, learning about different aspects of Inca life and history as you admire the mist cloaked mountains.
Return to Aguas Calientes for lunch before boarding the train to Ollantaytambo or Poroy and transger to your next destination.
- English speaking guide..
- Private vehicle Cusco- Ollantaytambo – Cusco..
- lunches, dinner..
- First-aid kit..