Humantay lake F/D
Vinicunca, the Mountain of 7 Colors, or Rainbow Mountain, is located in the Southern Region of Cusco. This gratifies even the most demanding travellers and trekkers, endowing unforgettable memories of the raw sites of and around it. Sumptuous panoramas of high mountains, formidable glaciers, crystalline rivers, calm lakes, harmonious pastoral scenes of grazing alpaca kept by Andean natives and the humble families of the region. This new route is genuinely unique and is a real adventure through a preserved wild natural terrain including Puka Punta, “red lead”, a mountain in the Willkanuta mountain range and small communities of Quechua-speaking descendants. The route reaches great heights between 4710m and 5200m for stunning eagle eye views. Explore this route and it is likely that you will have this extension to the south all to yourself, encountering few or no other route hikers. This one-day tour is able to offer travellers an alternative trail that is paramount to other trips and destinations.
Duration: 1 Days
Trip style: Adventure
Physical demand rating: Experience needed.
When to visit: Year-round
Day 1: Cusco – Cusipata- Tintinco- Vinincunca
L = Lunch
- Local villages still wearing their traditional outfits
- Enjoy cultural interaction with local people, their culture, beliefs and traditions
What is included
- Orientation briefing in Cusco, previous to departure date
- All transfer in private service
- Service of English professional guide
- Filtered and boiled drinking water supply during the trek
- Local Chef and family hostage.
- First aid kit with oxygen.
- Short wave radios.
- Entrances feets
- Sanitary care (Disinfect dishes, filtered water, etc.).
- Environment care (Organic waste is locally treated and used as fertilizer and non-organic is recycled and delivered to Cusco).
- International flights
- Domestic Flights
- Tips and extra expenses
- Extra services not mentioned in the program
Day 1: Cusco – Tintinco
We will pick you up from your hotel around 4:30am – 5:30am and head south through the town of Urco to the Checacupe District (2 hours by bus) and then follow the path to Tintinco where we’ll have breakfast. Then we continue along the road through small villages until we arrive to the communities the ideal starting point to walk the route. We will see incredible mountains such as Ausangate, beautiful blue lagoons, and many other natural sites. The walk to Vinicunca (Rainbow Mountain) will last approximately 3 hours. At this peak we will savour the view for about an hour taking photos of the beautiful scenery before descending the path and returning to our bus. We will go back to Pitumarca to have lunch and then we’ll be on our way to Cusco.
- Starting Point: 3,270 m. – 10,791 ft.
- Homestay lodging: 3,850 m – 12,631.