Humantay lake F/D
Humantay Lake Located in the district of Mollepata, and under the snow that gives it its name, Humantay Lake is impressive, majestic and impressive for all those tourists who come to it and for a long time, the lagoon was part of the tourist route. Several days to the snowy Salkantay. However, some time ago, we started to make the route to visit the lagoon in just one day, and no longer have to do the trekking of several days to see and enjoy it.
Duration: 1 Days
Trip style: Adventure
Physical demand rating: Experience needed.
When to visit: Year-round
Day 1: Cusco – Soraypampa
L = Lunch
- Local villages still wearing their traditional outfits
- Enjoy cultural interaction with local people, their culture, beliefs and traditions
What is included
- Orientation briefing in Cusco, previous to departure date
- All transfer in private service
- Service of English speaking professional guide
- Filtered and boiled drinking water supply during the trek
- Local Chef and family hostage.
- First aid kit with oxygen.
- Short wave radios.
- Entrances to Mollepata
- Sanitary care (Disinfect dishes, filtered water, etc.).
- Environment care (Organic waste is locally treated and used as fertilizer and non-organic is recycled and delivered to Cusco).
- International flights
- Domestic Flights
- Tips and extra expenses
- Extra services not mentioned in the program
Day 1: Cusco – Sorayampa
- After we pick you up at your hotel, we will start our adventure to the Humantay Lake with a 4-hour-drive in private transport to Soraypampa (3850 m.a.s.l.). Soraypampa is the campsite for the first day of the Salkantay trek. (more info click here) In Soraypampa we will have a delicious breakfast to start our day well before beginning our trek. In Soraypampa we will start our trek up to the Humantay Lake (4200 m.a.s.l.) with beautiful views and if the sky is clear enough, we can see the impressive snow-capped Salkantay and Humantay. It is a 1.5-hour-walk to the lake with a low to moderate difficulty, and more than worth it when you see the magical view. It is also possible to rent a horse instead. We will have enough time to take pictures, bring an offer to the Apus, and for the real brave ones; swimming in the lake when it’s sunny! After some free time, we will start our descent to Soraypampa of about 1.5 hours, which is a lot easier than the way up. In Soraypampa lunch will await us and after some rest we return to Cusco where we will arrive at 6 p.m.
- Starting Point: 3,270 m. – 10,791 ft.
- Homestay lodging: 3,850 m – 12,631.