Patakancha 2 Days
45 Minutes from Ollantaytambo is the community of Patacancha, after passing by the community of Huilloc. Both communities offer experiences of rural tourism and its members are mostly involved as porters on the Inca Trail. The inhabitants of Huilloc are known as ‘huayruros’ by the characteristic red poncho and that is associated with the seed of the huayruro tree found in the jungle. A little further up is Patacancha, a small and ordered community en route to Lares, where its commoners offer experiences of experiential tourism in their homes, fields and lagoons. The journey through these communities shows a landscape that is changing as we ascend from the Valley to the Puna, with beautiful views of the mountains and ravines. A trip for all those who want to be immersed into the Quechua communities, rich in culture and traditions.
Duration: 1 Days
Trip style: Cultural Immersion
Physical demand rating: Experience needed.
When to visit: Year-round
Day 1: Cusco – Ollantaytambo-Patacancha
Day 2: Patacancha –Pumamarca- Ollantaytambo (Meals: B/L/D)
*B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner
- Local villages still wearing their traditional outfits
- Enjoy cultural interaction with local people, their culture, beliefs and traditions
- Discover a unique culinary tradition of Peru
- Incredible Inka trails and farming terraces
- Ollantaytambo, the alive Inka town
What is included
- Orientation briefing in Cusco, previous to departure date
- All transfer in private service
- Service of English & Quechua speaking lead guide
- Filtered and boiled drinking water supply during the trek
- Local Chef and family hostage.
- First aid kit with oxygen.
- Short wave radios.
- Sanitary care (Disinfect dishes, filtered water, etc.).
- Environment care (Organic waste is locally treated and used as fertilizer and non-organic is recycled and delivered to Cusco).
- International flights
- Domestic Flights
- Tips and extra expenses
- Extra services not mentioned in the program
Day : 1 CUSCO – OLLANTAYTAMBO– PATACANCHA
This day we will pick you up around 7.00 am to Sacred Valley direction. During the trip we will stop at the Raqchi Viewpoint to appreciate part of the Sacred Valley of the Incas, then we will arrive at Ollantaytambo to visit this beautiful city with its cobbled and narrow streets.
Then we will continue with our trip to the community of ptacancha where a local family will welcome us. In this place the activity of “Tinka a la Alpaca” is organized, which consists of a small ceremony where the villagers thank the Andean deities and ask for a better production and reproduction of them. Then we will start with the weaving demostrations, textile work is one of the best in the region.
Then we will visit the entire town of Patacancha and the agriculture land at we will enjoy an exquisite typical lunch prepared by the local family.
Day : 2 PATACANCHA – PUMA MARCA – OLLANTAYTAMBO
After enjoying breakfast with the local family, we will continue to Puma Marca, which has a variety of Inca architectural structures, such as platforms, roads, canals, and others, among which the most outstanding are the granaries or food deposits also known as Qolqas. The whole sector is surrounded by a rammed wall, which in certain sectors reaches a height of 5 meters.
After the visit, we will continue our hike through Inca roads until we arrive to Ollantaytambo where our private vehicle will wait for you to transfer to your hotel in Cusco.
- Maximum altitude: 3,850 mts. (12631 feet)
- Walking time: 5 hours
- English speaking professional guide.
- Private vehicle Cusco- Ollantaytambo – Cusco.
- Pack Llamas.
- 1 breakfast, 2 lunches, 1 dinner.
- First-aid kit.