Paruparu Full Day
The indigenous community of Paru Paru shows with pride their rich and genuine cultural heritage and natural beauty resources attractions. This community village nestles snugly between lush valleys of quinoa and potatoes, a spring-fed lake “Kimsa Qocha”, and high mountains over 4,000 m.a.s.l – 13,200 f.a.s.l. Thought Community-based tourism they supplement their community’s conventional farming and animal husbandry income. This social and economic enablement strengthens communities through increased awareness of the commercial and social value placed on their cultural heritage by travelers, thus fostering pride in their cultural identity and a desire to preserve their ancestral cultural heritage and natural beauty resources.
Your Hotel – Paru Paru Village – Your hotel (Meals: L)
In the morning we pick you up from your hotel and take you to the community village of Paru Paru. Upon arrival in the community village you will get a very local and warm welcoming by the villages of this beautiful place. After some rest and a cup of muña mint tea get ready to do a 1:30 hrs. Llama pack hike around the stoning Kimsa Qocha lake. Along your hike your guide will explain about the flora and rich fauna of the place as you stop on the breathtaking spots for resting and taking pictures. This is the perfect place to see llamas and alpacas grazed by their owners. End up your hike with an authentic demonstration activity of farming potatoes techniques with its presentation of 180 native potato variety in which you can participate and over immerse in such an ancestral practice done for centuries by this local villagers. After this rich cultural internship enjoy a typical lunch prepared with local and organic ingredients by the ladies of this village. After lunch and weaving demonstration activity get back to your hotel.
Duration: Full day tour
Location: Paru Paru Village
Trip style: Cultural Immersion
When to visit: Year-round
Difficulty: Easy to moderate
Physical demand rating: Some experience needed
Total distance hike: 3 km. /1.3 mi. – 1.30 min. Approx.
- Starting Point: 3,910 m. – 12,903 ft.
- Highest point: 3,800 m. – 12,738 ft.
Price in private group: U$D 110.00 per person (based in 2 people)
- Orientation briefing previous to departure date
- Transfer from four hotel – Paru Paru village – hotel
- 01 Lunch – Gourmet Andean cuisine meal (ingredients from the area)
- Service of English & Quechua speaking lead guide
- Filtered and boiled drinking water supply during the hike
- 01 Duffle bag per person for personal luggage
- Demonstration of an participation in Andean agricultural techniques using ancestral tools
- Ceramic handicrafts with natural pigments exposition and participation.
- Llamas for carrying your personal duffle bags and belongings
- First aid kit with oxygen and Short wave radios.
- Sanitary care (Disinfect dishes, filtered water, etc.).
- Environment care (Organic waste is locally treated and used as fertilizer and non-organic is recycled and delivered to Cusco).
- Tips and extra expenses not mentioned in the program
- Breakfast and dinner