The 6.67 inches phone comes with a high resolution AMOLED display (1080 x 2400 px). We also have an 8MP ultra-wide lens which is an IMX355 sensor, it never disappoints us and we managed to take some good pictures. The camera performs in low light conditions rather well and there is a night shooting mode but it depends on the software so we don’t recommend relying on it too much . There is a 5MP macro sensor which can take 3cm close-up photos of relatively average quality. For a smartphone just for gaming, the photography experience will not be a deciding factor in the purchase decision or not. Xiaomi Black Shark 4 Pro Android Smartphone was launched in 2021, March 23. It is running on the Qualcomm SM8350 Snapdragon 888 (5 nm) processor with Adreno 660 GPU.
- It comes with an impressive 165Hz AMOLED display, a 5,000mAh battery, 65W fast charging, a 720Hz touch sampling rate, and one of the best cooling systems that I have ever seen.
- While I’m typically against comparing devices through benchmarks — nothing is more accurate than real-world use — here’s a snapshot of how the Black Shark 4 Pro fares in a sea of similarly priced handsets.
- This website belongs to Xiaomiui, the largest unofficial fan community.
- The camera can record in 4K at 60/30fps, record slow-motion videos in 720p at 1920fps, 720p at 480fps and in 1080p at 240fps.
If you’re a stickler for photo quality, use the primary camera. The stock ROM (firmware) main camera’s color science is on the slightly cooler side with some exceptions being when the world’s hue is significantly warmer like the light of a glowing orange sunset. In anything other than daylight, prominent noise starts to creep into darker parts of a picture. Here, you’ll find a 6.67-inch AMOLED screen with a 2400 x 1080 resolution and silky smooth 144Hz refresh rate (and 720Hz reporting rate for rapid touch interactions). Black Shark also claims it has HDR 10+ support, a 111% DCI-P3 calibration and a 1,300 nit peak brightness. For the players, instead of touch sensitive shoulder areas, you can flick the two switches on the right side and pop out physical shoulder buttons, which are so much better to use. The frame has been sculpted for decent comfort and the holographic finish on the back does look pretty cool.
It all sounds wonderful on paper, but as we all know too well, hardware doesn’t always equal awesomeness. There’s no wireless charging support, but there is 120W fast wired charging with the included adapter – a frankly astonishing rate than can juice up your phone to full from zero in as little as 15 minutes. When you can charge up a phone that quickly, the battery life isn’t quite so important. Just about anything looks great on the display of the Black Shark 4 Pro, including photos, websites, movies, and of course games (that 144Hz refresh rate really helps games fly by with very little motion blur). You can easily tweak the color temperature and saturation by delving into the display settings for the on-board software. In just two days, we quickly ranked up in games like Call of Duty Mobile, where we reached the master tier.
- In our matrix calculation, we calculate the mobile network score using a technology adoption approach.
- While the Black Shark gave the flowers a little more saturation than how they look in real life, the picture is good enough to share.
- In that time, his areas of focus and expertise have mostly been smartphones and wearables, but he has a musician’s ear and is equally adept at judging headphones and audio products.
- At night, the Black Shark 5 Pro did not impress me with the dedicated night mode called Super Night Scene.
- The 4 Pro being a gaming phone, you can also use these additional buttons to control gameplay when the phone is in landscape mode; it’ll almost feel like you’re holding a gamepad.
Other features shared by both phones include a side-mounted fingerprint sensor and pop-out physical triggers for a more immersive gaming experience. They both have 4500mAh batteries, as well as class-leading 120W wired charging.
For those who love listening to music, watching movies, and playing competitive online games on their device, it’s important to pay attention to the audio and sound quality. Not all modern devices have good audio and sound quality, with many only being average. We also factor in the charger method support to create a score. If the device supports multiple charge methods, such as wireless charging, we give it a higher score in the battery segmentation. However, we do not include battery type information in our matrix calculation because it is unnecessary. A higher score on the display and screen segmentation means that the device will have excellent visual quality and provide the user with the best experience for any image or visual activity.